Mono version

May 25, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Any chance of getting the library compiled using 3.5 instead of 4.0? That would be the first step to getting things working with mono.

Coordinator
May 25, 2010 at 1:38 AM
Edited May 25, 2010 at 5:20 AM

Currently the library is using some features not available in 3.5 (most notably optional parameters) so those would have to be changed if it were to be ported to 3.5. Supporting 3.5 is a possibility in the future but is not really on the immediate roadmap. If you are interested in working on a 3.4 port let me know. The biggest problem I see is controlling the amount of method overloads needed in the StackOverflowClient class to support all the possible values but still making the library usable.

Thanks,

Luke

May 30, 2010 at 7:45 PM

In order to solve the issue of optional parameters you can define a class which would expose members for various options of the request. For example the GetUsers method has one required parameter id and other optional parameters. You can create a class called UsersRequest with members id, page, pagesize and so on. That way callers can set the properties they need and other properties would have default values.

Coordinator
May 31, 2010 at 6:33 AM

I have checked in an initial version of a .Net 3.5 compatible library in changeset 50103. I am still working on getting it tested and released in a beta form but I would love to hear any feedback you have.

Thanks,

Luke